Danielle McGinley is a professional musician with a diverse background in music performance and production. Born in London to a multicultural family with roots in England, Poland, and Ireland, Danielle's lifelong love of music began when she started learning the piano at the age of 4 and singing at 12. With music constantly present in her family home, Danielle developed a wide range of styles, from classical to jazz, and eventually earned a BMuS from top London contemporary music performance college Tech Music Schools, specializing in keyboards.
Danielle began performing professionally at the age of 17, starting with solo shows as a pianist and singer before becoming involved in various bands and production shows, including Rat Pack, James Bond, and a Footloose production directed by Cheryl Baker from UK hit 80s band 'Bucks Fizz'. Soon, Danielle began making a name for herself in the UK music scene, touring and playing with various chart-topping artists, including headlining tours with Cher Lloyd and X Factor's Lucy Spraggan, playing BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge with Charli XCX, and performing a special one-off show with hit DJ Duke Dumont. She also recorded multiple times at world-famous Abbey Road Studios and played at some of the UK's most well-known festivals and venues, such as V Festival, T In The Park, Wireless, BBC Radio 1 festival, Shepherd's Bush Empire, and multiple O2 Academy national tours.
In 2015, Danielle moved to Los Angeles, which opened up new opportunities for her music career. She joined the world tour of XL Records artist Shamir, which included supporting Marina and The Diamonds, Troye Sivan, the Years And Years, and Duran Duran with Nile Rogers & Chic. With Shamir, Danielle headlined the dance stage at Coachella 2016, performed on hit US TV show Stephen Colbert, played at New York's famous Barclays Center arena, headlined NPR show at SXSW, toured the Laneways festival tour in Asia/Australia, and was the first band to open the new Las Vegas arena alongside The Killers.
Since then, Danielle has toured and performed with numerous other well-known artists, including Grammy award-winning artist Daya, with whom she played keyboards, sang backing vocals, and ran playback in her band since 2017. Together, they have played multiple festivals and shows around the world, with highlights including Lollapalooza Chicago, WE Fest, Grammy Fest in Beijing China, and Summer Sonic in Tokyo Japan.
Danielle has also toured with world-renowned artist and musician Rachel Platten for her album 'Waves', with X Factor star Bea Miller for her 2019 Fall headline US/Europe tour, and with Hope Tala supporting Alina Baraz in fall 2021. She has performed with Zara Larsson on Dancing With The Stars and with Disney star Sabrina Carpenter on Good Morning America. Danielle has done multiple studio recording sessions at legendary East West Studios and Sunset Sound studios in Hollywood and performed with the incomparable James Bay on the hit US late-night talk show, The Late Late Show with James Corden.
Most recently, Danielle spent the first half of 2022 performing with MARINA for her 'Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land' headline tour in the US and Europe, as well as completing the Lollapalooza South America festival tour. Danielle spent the latter half of 2022 on the road with Demi Lovato for Demi's brand new album 'Holy Fvck' headline tour, touring North and South America, and including performances for VEVO and The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.
With a playing style influenced by her love for R&B, soul, funk, pop, and jazz, Danielle's classical upbringing has given her extensive knowledge of music theory. She is experienced in sound design, backing vocals, music directing, programming and running tracks during live shows on a combination of different DAW's, including Ableton.
Danielle also writes with a number of different artists and songwriters, as well as working on her own music. To listen click on the Spotify or SoundCloud link at the bottom of the page!
Full list of artists Danielle has worked with as follows:
- Demi Lovato, headline tour 'Holy Fvck' 2022 - on going
- MARINA, headline tour 'Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land' US/Europe 2022, also inc. Lollapalooza South America tour
- James Bay, The Late Late Show with James Cordon, TV performance
- Hope Tala, supporting Alina Baraz, fall 2021
- Tan Weiwei, East West Studios session, Hollywood, '20
- Bea Miller, '19 festivals and fall Headline tour
- Daya, touring '17 - on going
- Rachel Platten, US album promo tour and Radio shows '17
- Charli XCX, BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge
- Zara Larsson, Dancing With The Stars TV performance
- Julia Michaels
- Sabrina Carpenter, Good Morning America TV performance
- Cher Lloyd, UK headline tour and Summer festival shows
- Shamir, world tour inc. support for Duran Duran, Nile Rogers and Chic, Troye Sivan,
Marina and the Diamonds, headline at Coachella, Laneways 2016, Late Night with Stephen Colbert TV performance, etc
- Madilyn Bailey
- Christina Novelli, studio session on Concrete Angel (Acoustic) & feat. in hit US TV show The Vampire Diaries
- Cheryl Baker, from ‘Bucks Fizz’, Footloose production
- Ed Drewett, Shepherds Bush Empire
- Tinchy Stryder
- Aaron Delahunty, Maida Vale and BBC Radio 1 Big Weekend Festival
- Tristan Mackay, O2 Academy UK Headline tour
- Sarm Studios
- Gess Productions, session keyboardist
- Lucy Spraggan, UK & Ireland headline tour
- Only Girl
- The Sound Boutique, session keyboardist
- Duke Dumont
- James Vincent McMorrow
- Shane Richie
- Tony Hadley (Spandau Ballet)
- Crown Jewelz
- Hunter Elizabeth
- Diana DeMuth
- The Sunset Jam, house band keyboardist
- Drew Tabor
- ATH Productions
- Savannah Outen
- Royse, East West Studios session
- Nicky Blitz
- Doe Paoro
- Jenna Holiday